To initiate Veterans Affairs Benefits at UC Berkeley,  please provide the following documents to Veterans Benefits. You may submit documentation by emailing or in-person by checking in at the front desk of Sproul Hall during our operating hours. Please redact your Social Security Number on any documents you submit electronically.

All Students

  • Veteran Services Intake Form
  • Chapters 30, 33, or 35 – Certificate of Eligibility
  • Chapter 31 – Your Veterans Readiness and Employment (VRE) counselor’s name and email address
  • Chapter 1606 – Notice of Basic Eligibility
  • DD214 for veterans or Military ID for Active Duty (optional)

Students who Received Benefits at Another Institution

Graduate Students Only

  • Graduate Veterans Education Plan (This form must be submitted before your second term can be certified and needs to be reviewed and signed by an advisor from your college.)

How Do I…?